Thursday, April 12, 2012

Two Trifles: Chocolate Strawberry and Caramel Apple

Dear friends,

Easter dinner calls for a special dessert!  This year, I decided to make two trifles.  A trifle is made from layering chunks or cake with sauces, whipped cream, and other yummy ingredients -- in our case  one with chocolate strawberry and the other caramel apple.

Chocolate Strawberry Trifle: Brownies, vanilla pudding, sliced strawberries, whipped topping...  


The J on top is for Julia, one of our married daughters, 
who would be turning 23 in a few days.   
I borrowed this trifle bowl from her.
It could also have been for Jesus, since we were celebrating his resurrection.


Caramel Apple Trifle: Homemade apple pie filling (sliced apples baked with apple juice, brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger and other spices), chunks of yellow cake, caramel sauce, vanilla pudding and whipped topping...




This trifle is in a large crystal bowl. I swirled the caramel and whipped topping with a fork to make it even fancier.  The cross is made from cinnamon sticks.  Even with food, I try to keep the Easter focus on Jesus and his sacrifice for us!




"Be imitators of God, therefore, 
as dearly loved children and live a life of love, 
just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us 
as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God." 
Ephesians 5:1-2

Grace and joy to you!
Virginia Knowles



P.S. This blog post is linked to...

Equip & Encourage Blog Carnival

Equip & Encourage Blog Carnival

Project 52!  The photo theme this week is Sacrifice.
project 52 p52 my3boybarians.com 

 Ann Kroeker's Food on Fridays 


5 comments:

  1. I love trifle! We have a family friend that makes one at Christmas every year, and it is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! My motherinlaw makes trifle. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! Trifle. Love the cross made from cinnamon sticks on top. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your trifles look delightful and I had to smile at the cross placed gently on one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a big dish like the first one--I didn't know it was a trifle dish! I'd better learn to make one so it can fulfill its purpose in life. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails